Monday 28 May 2012

Flight Simulator- Fighter Pilot Episode 2


Fighter pilot – the second installment.

For those of you who have watched the first episode of the BBC show Fighter Pilot here is the second episode. You can totally understand their desire to fly and you know that most are destined for failure. See if you can pick out who will make it at the beginning. What a shame that there are such highs and lows in life, especially when it is your dream to fly. I have no doubt that I would have been chopped; come to think of it I probably would not have been selected for officer training in the first place. But this is where the joy of flight simulator comes into play. You can fly anywhere in the world in any aircraft you like and you can make as may mistakes as you like. Flight simulator has come a long way in the two years that I have been away and I am very excited about getting my sim experiences as real as I can.

I must say that training as a military pilot and being accurate and critical on performance will help you flying skills no end. At present I am flying the jet provost “jp5” which is freeware, and I am using the Linton On Ouse scenery which is also freeware. My first sorties are just circuits at 1000 feet above runway, climbout and circuit speed 150 kts with gear down and firat stage of flaps at 115 kts by the end of the downwind leg. Form the end of the downwind leg I turn and descend at 115 kts all the way to about 300 ft above runway where I apply landing flap to land on the numbers at about 90kts, not as easy as it sounds.

I am also thinking about using FRAPS which is a screen capture for FSX but more on this soon

Happy flying.Here is the second installment of Fighter Pilot " Officers and Gentlemen" 


No comments:

Post a Comment